As part of an awareness campaign and efforts to change public opinion concerning bats, ...
to work towards lasting solutions to the environmental challenges.
We are confident that
can be empowered and learn how to take action.
SOS Bats project
Contact Environment has partnered with the Mic Mac community of Gespeg on a species at risk bat conservation project.
Little Brown Ribbon Campaign
It will be launched officially in May 2017 to help spread awareness by wearing a ribbon during the campaign.
We are delivering environmental education initiatives at Eastern Shores and Chic Choc local school boards
What is Contact Environnement
Contact Environment is primarily a vehicle for environmental education with a focus on creating opportunities for individual and community action.
A non-profit organization Contact Environment is founded on the belief that strong communities must stand together in awareness to work towards lasting solutions to the environmental challenges that a changing world is bringing us. It is confident that people can be empowered and learn how to take action individually and collectively in the region to conserve restore and contribute to the sustainable use of the environment and its resources.
What we do
Founded in 2015 by Jeanie LeLacheur Contact Environment is
- Implemented the SOS Bats project
- Offered local Wild Education workshops Below Zero and Project Wild through the Canadian Wildlife Federation
- Delivered environmental education initiatives at Gaspe Elementary, Belle Anse Elementary, Aux Quatre Vents.
- Initiated the White-nose syndrome Little Brown Ribbon awareness campaign
- Forging partnerships with Camp Fort Haldimand, Vision Gaspe Perce Now, Firehorse Leadeship Organization, Cegep de la Gaspesie et des Iles and
Ciment Mcginis environmental committee
Checkout our latest blogs and news.
Contact Environment the local non-profit group responsible for confirming white-nose syndrome in the region ...